1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java problem?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jdemnyan1116, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

Tried everything I could but to no avail. I recently downloaded Java Update 7 version 11 which is the latest one. Well, going to java.com, tried installation but got plugin missing. It is the jre 1.7 u10 plugin for firefox. Now, I uninstalled the java previously thinking it was the problem. Nope, Reinstalled Java Update 7 version 11 and still the same problem. No jre installation plugin for firefox. Now comes the good part, Firefox plugin checks for updates says everything is up to date. Cannot check installation of Java by web site cause I get the need plugin to view items on this page, mainly the above mentioned jre download. It will not download and install. Tried manual install but it leads right back to the need plugin page to view this. Sucks. According to add/remove it is installed and according to the program and firefox it is installed. On add/remove, I have Java 7 Update 11 and also JavaFX 2.1.1. I deleted the jave 7 update 11 before and during the stupid jre missing plugin. I did not remove the JavaFX item as I did not know what it was. I have the latest download from Java, even disabled firewall/antivirus for the download of Jre but to no avail. I know you are supposed to disable Java according to the government but would like to keep it up to date and solve the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Go to your computer's Control Panel. Look for the Java icon. Click it and select the Security tab. Is the "Enable Java content in the browser" box checked?

3. jdemnyan1116

yes it is checked. it does it automatically I guess when you download it.

4. Phantom010

Run JavaRa to uninstall Java Runtime Environment and JavaFX.

Download and install the latest version of Java from HERE instead.

Let me know of it goes.

5. Phantom010

By the way, in your other thread HERE, have you had the chance to run AdwCleaner to remove Babylon yet?

6. tpbarnes01

tpbarnes01

I had to remove JavaFX and it started working fine until just a few minutes ago. All I get on Facebook is HTML again. It started happening at the same time yesterday.

7. jdemnyan1116

Was playing around with Java while waiting for an answer and did this. Went to Java in control panel, clicked on the java tab at the top, clicked view. Saw the installed Java version and just for fun clicked on the add button which put another Java program, the same one as above it. on. Left it on and went into Firefox. Well, now I got a warning from firefox that it did not want to install the Java (TM) Platform SE7U5. Has some kind of Security problem. Well come to think of it it wasn't in firefoxs addon section for the platform Se7U5 add on anyway, could be why it didn't work. Well, I enabled it and it is working for updating but I already have it updated.
    By the way, any truth to the disabling Java? Should I disable it for now? I knew I had it cause everything worked as usual.
    Did not have a chance to download ADWCleaner to my grandsons computer yet. Can I take the copy I downloaded off my desktop, flashdrive save it, then download it to his computer or does it have to be downloaded directly to the computer?

8. Phantom010

I'd simply disable Java for now. Chances are you won't even notice it.

9. jdemnyan1116

Finally started to uninstall Java, have it disabled everywhere on computer. Went to web site as mentioned above from phantom010 and downloaded remover. Well, installed remover but it gave an error message when deleting Java FX 2.1.1. Did not delete the whole thing, in add/remove it shows nothing but in Revo Uninstaller it shows the program not removed, such as the registry items and everything envolved in the program. Programs, fonts, undates, etc registry items. Revo found 190 registrations for Jave FX. Checked every registration and they all said program file \oracle\JavaFX 2.1.1. before the registration item. Would like to download Java as my companys forms use Java. (figures since its full of holes). Anyway, would like a clean uninstall of everything Java before downloading new version. Regular Java uninstalled without a problem. Know not to mess with the registration unless qualified and I am not qualified at all which is why I am asking before I uninstall using Revo if it is O.K. to do the uninstall or just leave the FX on and let the new download over ride it if it does.

10. Phantom010

I'd go ahead with Revo.

The latest Java is version 7 update 13. You won't see JavaFX anymore.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!