1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kjrapin, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kjrapin

kjrapin Thread Starter

I am trying to run a website that needs Java. When I open the site, it does not work and says Java is not installed or not detetcted, but a Java icon shows up at the bottom of the screen. I have tried to uninstall Java so I could reinstall it, but it won't let me do that. It just says that there are programs using Java that must be closed first, even though there is nothing open. When I open the taskmanager it shows many processes like java.exe or javaw.exe or javaws.exe that I can't end. The website I need works fine in safe mode, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in safe mode (since my computer has decided to work better in safe mode anyway), but I get a message that Windows Installer Services can not be contacted. What next?

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try uninstalling Java in Safe Mode again. However, the Windows Installer service will not start in Safe Mode.

Download SafeMSI. This will enable the Windows Installer service in Safe Mode.

Be sure to run the program while in Safe Mode.

Then, try uninstalling Java again.

If you need to reinstall Java in Safe Mode, be sure to do it in Safe Mode with Networking. Java needs to access the Internet.

4. kjrapin

kjrapin Thread Starter

Got it reinstalled in safe mode. Thanks...

5. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You're welcome!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice