Solved: Java runtime Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Larrypee2020

Hello,

I keep on getting this error message when ever i go on some web sites:

Java(TM) Plug-in Fatal Error:

Several Java Virtual machines running in the same process caused an error.

I have tried to re-install Java, but i keep on getting same error message. Is there anyone out there who can advice me to what to do?

Thanks in advance
Regards

Larrypee2020

Hello golferbob,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry it didn't work. Still have the same problem. I did exactlly what you asked me to do.

Question:

Do i have to install the extra updats such as:

Foxit reader
Picasa
Fast Stone
Flash Player

to get Java to work. At the moment i'm not able to playn online games.

See this thread from the Sun site, particularly the posts at the foot of the page; http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6516270

Have you tried the affected sites using another browser? Some IE users don't have the problem with Firefox (although some, apparently, do).

I don't think there is any connection between your problem and the other programs you mention, although updating is, generally, a good idea, particularly if security issues are involved.

Larrypee2020

:eek: (y)

Hello BOGG,

Thank you very much for the link. I did exactly as described in the link, and that solved my problem. YOU have made my day.

Regards

I'm glad it helped.

I haven't had this problem myself (perhaps Opera users are immune?) but it's good to see that this particular bug will be fixed by Version 6 Update 10. There's only a Release Candidate available at the moment and, since that could cause new problems for some users, I'll wait for the final version!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online