Solved: java shuts down other programs...???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

unstresst

Was recetly visiting a site that used java 'machine'.........twice while there, I clicked on one of their links, and three programs I had open were shut down instantly.
....AND there was an error report deposited automaticly on my desktop--[notepad file]....this error report was refering to :
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
----------
Questin:
do I need to worry? because this "error" caused other programs to shut off?

Are you using Sun Java or the original Microsoft "Virtual Machine".

If you are not using Sun's, you should install it, because the older version supplied by Microsoft is no longer supported.

Even if you are using it, it may pay to uninstall it, and reinstall the latest:

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I recommend downloading the manual setup version to a permanent location and running the install offline.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online