1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U22 unresponsive, makes browser crash

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by needhelp87, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. needhelp87

needhelp87 Thread Starter

Hi! I've been having random crashes on my laptop for a couple of weeks now. First, I thought there is a problem with Google Chrome because that was the only program crashing. Then it started to happen with Firefox too. Today, just minutes ago, I got this error message: "The following plug-in is unresponsive: Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U22 Would you like to stop it?"

It is really annoying, and happens almost every time I turn on my laptop and go on the internet. Sometimes it makes my computer freeze, nothing's working, not even the Task Manager...so I have to hard reboot.

Is there any solution, what should I do?

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. kniht

kniht

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Java?

I might try downloading and running JavaRa (freeware) to uninstall older versions of Java, file reminents, reg. entries. Then reinstalling the latest Jave update which is U22.

JavaRa can be downloaded here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/javara/

May not work for you but won't hurt to give it a try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/964705