1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: JavaScript and Select Problem

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by cc64, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cc64

cc64 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I am trying to fix a page that someone else wrote and I'm not quite sure whats going wrong. The page has a crop down box with some selections, that, when changed, should go to a corresponding page. Right now, when they are changed, nothing happens. Here is the JavaScript code:

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript"type="text/JavaScript">

function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0  
    	var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;}

function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0  
    	var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)    if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a[i];}}}

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01  
    	var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;}function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)   if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}}

function MM_jumpMenu(targ,selObj,restore){ //v3.0  
    	eval(targ+".location='"+selObj.options[selObj.selectedIndex].value+"'");  
    	if (restore) selObj.selectedIndex=0;}

</script>
    And this is the code for the select statement.

Code:
    <select name="coordinatorMenu" onChange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)" class="style2"> 
    		<option value="index.htm" selected>Select County</option>
    		<option value="Atlantic/coordinators.htm">Atlantic</option>
    		<option value="Bergen/coordinators.htm">Bergen</option>	
                    </select>

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. cc64

cc64 Thread Starter

Found the problem - there are actually two functions in the third function. The bad formatting caused the error. Thanks for reading though.

Curtis

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/912286