Solved: Javascript not loading in IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim2372

When attempting to access any streaming video website (exp- YouTube), I get this message:

Sorry, you either have JavaScript disabled off or an older version of the Macromedia Flash Player, click here to download the latest version.

Definitely using current (most recent) Flash Player (Adobe); all IE settings are at default. Don't know how to correct the error about "Javascript disabled off".

The same failure to load the videos occurs in Netscape (7.1 version).

Where can I fix this in Internet/Tools/Options (as I assume is the right place).

Many thanks.

Jim

I had the same problem and message at Youtube and had to uninstall Flash first even tho I had the latest version. Then reinstall it.

Go here for a file to uninstall it first and then do a fresh install.

dotty999

Dotty
I've had the same thing for two days even though everything was updated, however I did what was suggested and tried playing it in another browser and it works fine in firefox (y)

Jim2372

TOYMAN1952 said:
I had the same problem and message at Youtube and had to uninstall Flash first even tho I had the latest version. Then reinstall it.

Go here for a file to uninstall it first and then do a fresh install.
Toyman - thanks a lot. I had no idea a special uninstaller was needed - had been looking in Add/Remove. Where did you pick up on this?
All working perfectly now whereas it all just shut down a few days ago and I have been beating my head against the wall.
Tinman

Jim2372

dotty999 said:
I've had the same thing for two days even though everything was updated, however I did what was suggested and tried playing it in another browser and it works fine in firefox (y)
Hi = working for me now in IE 7.0 - what a wierd problem that suddenly appeared and then you have to somehow know there is a new ininstaller that is required. Thanks for the support.
Jim Tinman

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online