Solved: Jetway 939GT4 mb - 4pin molex; whats it do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Enbee

hi...

i'm putting together a new system with a Jetway 939GT4 motherboard. On it,
just above the pci's is a 4-pin male molex connector. Does anyone know what
this is used for? There's already a 24-pin and a 4-pin block power supply connectors.
Not sure what do do with the 4-pin molex??? Is it just an extra connector to connect
another device?

Thanks in advance!!

Probably for the graphics card slots...

Couldn't say with out reading the manual....

All in all if its there I'd use it.

Enbee said:
hi...

i'm putting together a new system with a Jetway 939GT4 motherboard. On it,
just above the pci's is a 4-pin male molex connector. Does anyone know what
this is used for? There's already a 24-pin and a 4-pin block power supply connectors.
Not sure what do do with the 4-pin molex??? Is it just an extra connector to connect
another device?

Thanks in advance!!
Hi Enbee
I dont know your Mobo But if It as the facility for SLI then it will most probably be a EZ_Plug to be used if you use two GPU in SLI
Regards
Rex
(y)

Enbee

i read the manual cover to cover... it doesn't mention anything about it. even on the picture of the motherboard where they have little notations to each component with a description, there's nothing at all for that connector. Unfortunately, Jetway's website isn't the greatest - - - - seems to be a project in the making.... but that doesn't help me.
i've even been googling... but can't seem to find out what it is. i also sent a letter to Jetway's tech support; waiting for a response.
Anyway... thanks for your response. :)

Enbee

yes... my mb does have SLI .... thanks... you're probably right.

Enbee

thanks again Rex... at this point i'm only using one video card.... only need this computer for the basics... but want it to last for a while. so i guess that i won't have the need for that connector. anyway... going to finish the build .. and will yell for help if it doesnt boot up! lol ... :p

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online