Solved: Joco7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Joco7

Do I need to upgrade my power supply from 220 watt to run 2 monitors ?? Where can I find one to fit my small form factor computer ?? and how many watts ?? Thanks......:confused:

Triple6

Rob
If the computer already has ports for two monitors then you shouldn't need to upgrade the power supply. If you need to install a video card to run those two monitors then yes you will need to upgrade the power supply as I don't think there are many if any video cards that call for only a 220 watt PSU. Guess you'll need to provide more detailed information about your computer to get more details.

Joco7

Thank you, yes I have to get different video card for 2 monitors do you know where I can get a power supply to fit my computer ??

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can then update your Computer Spec Profile with this info.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

Triple6

Rob
Pretty much all modern video cards support 2 or more monitors from a single card. In fact most integrated graphics on motherboards support dual monitors now too.

Please post the full and complete specs on your computer.

Joco7

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 6 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 933767 MB, Free - 893286 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire X1420G
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Triple6

Rob
I think you should have a VGA connection and DVI or HDMI connection, please look on the back and see what ports you have, if you already have multiple video connections then you do not need to upgrade the power supply or add a video card.

Triple6

Rob
That's very odd, can you post a picture of the back of the computer as well as the inside? You have a small case and it may be hard to do what you want. Please post both pics. Use a camera, webcam, or cell phone camera to take a picture, then use the Uploading a Screenshot instructions from here to add the pictures you took to your post: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot#Uploading_the_Screenshot:

Joco7

how about a low profile card for dual monitors that can run on a 220 watt power supply ?

Triple6

Rob
There aren't any that I'm aware of that say claim to require a 220 watt PSU. Now you may be able to get away with Geforce GT 210 or a Radeon HD 5450 as they use very little power under normal desktop usage but then again Acer units aren't the best quality either so it may not work. The card would absolutely have to be a low profile version to even fit. If you could post the requested picture with a clear picture of the inside including the power supply label that would help.

Triple6

Rob
Yup, that does help. Your only slot is a PCI-Express slot and they crammed it into the very bottom, and video card you could shove in there would have to have a very small heatsink/fan on it and it's gonna have really poor airflow. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend adding a video card on the fact you have a small and low quality power supply, a tiny case with poor airflow, and poor placement of the PCI-Xpress x16 slot.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online