1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Joystick doesn't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kuwaiti Kid, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kuwaiti Kid

Kuwaiti Kid Thread Starter

I have just bought a Genius Max Fighter F31D Joystick and I am trying to connect it to my Sound Blaster Live Sound Card’s Game Port. I have loaded all the software but unfortunately it is not connecting to the Port. When I open the Joy Stick Setup I see that it is trying to connect to the game port but it comes up with the message “Not connected”. When I look in the Device Drivers section for the system control panel I see that the Games Port for the Sound Card is loaded and that there are no conflicts.

My computer is running Windows 98 and I have the Windows 98 drivers for the Joy Stick.

With no conflicts and all the software loaded I am at a loss what to do next to fix this problem. Any help I can get to fix this problem would be very much appreciated.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi, even though you say there's no noticeable conflicts....is anything trying to use the same IRQ?

Post a listing of your IRQs....

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok.....go to hardware, IRQs, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

3. Kuwaiti Kid

IRQs for my system are as follows:-

0 System timer
    1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard
    2 Programmable interrupt controller
    3 SCI IRQ used by ACPI bus
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    5 Creative SB16 Emulation
    6 Standard Floppy Disk Controller
    7 Printer Port (LPT1)
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    9 Creative SB Live! series
    9 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
    10 VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    10 Genius LAN GF100TXRIII Series Fast Ethernet Adapter
    10 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
    11 NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
    11 ACPI IRQ Holder for PCI IRQ Steering
    12 Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse
    13 Numeric data processor
    14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    14 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    15 VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller

4. deuce

deuce

Looks like the game port is ok in the list. What model do you have? I'm not sure if there is only one Live! model or not, but creative gives the game port its own expansion slot for the Live! and Audigy models. If you are have that, did you make sure the ribbin is connected securely? There are no sharp creases? Pin1 on the ribbin is connected to pin1 on the card? Just basic questions and I'm sure you checked them but I'm just trying to eliminate solutions.

BTW... I see Candy you finally used one of the avatars we made you. Looks good. :)

5. Kuwaiti Kid

The model numbers on the sound card are as follows:-

SB0060
    Soundblaster Live 5.1 Platinium

6. Kuwaiti Kid

I have managed to fix this problem by downloading a windows98 driver from the genius web site. I guess that there must have been something wrong with or missing from the original driver disk supplied by the manufacturer.

7. deuce

deuce

Ok then... glad you fixed it Kuwaiti Kid. Congratulations on the fix. :cool:

Wonder woman... simile down on us and mark this baby solved! :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice