1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: .Jpg pictures corrupted..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by xymic, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xymic

xymic Thread Starter

Hello there! I seem to be having problems viewing pictures on the computer, but I can perfectly see pictures on my camera. I own SVP camera and I took some pictures which were saved onto my SD card. Now, when I try to view the pictures on the computer, the "Microsoft Scanner and Cameras Wizard" says "No Preview Available" for every picture I click even though I can see them in the thumbnails. Then, I took out SD memory card and I took pictures which were saved in built-in memory of the camera. This time, I was able to view the photos. I'm guessing it's maybe the SD's card's fault. The SD card isn't locked, either. So then, I went the camera's website and got the latest drivers and still, the pictures from SD card didn't show up. After that, I tried to view pictures using the "Irfanview" software, but it said my JPG pictures were corrupted. Hope you can help me. Thanks!

Edit: I do not use Windows Vista.

2. xymic

xymic Thread Starter

Bump*

PS: Sorry if Bumps are not allowed.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Bumps are allowed ... We know what you mean.
    Have you tried to read the Card/Camera from "My Computer" ..
    and not use M$ Scan n Cam wizard ??

My new Sony came with card recovery software, which got me thinking ...
    Never had to try anything like this (yet) ... But I found this via Google ..
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/smartrecovery.html

4. xymic

xymic Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delayed response. Got caught up with school =P. Also, Yes, I tried to view pictures from My Computer, but it only showed thumbnails and when I clicked them, the MS Scanner and Camera wizard came up saying "No Preview Available". I also tried the Recovery software, but it only recovers photos from drives not scanners and cameras =/.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    If you read just the card via "My Computer"... wouldn't it look like a drive ??

The card recovery software I mentioned .. came with my new SanDisc Mem Stick Pro XIII card.
    I tried to find the download at SanDisc .. But couldn't find it.
    So there should be some software that reads mem cards.
    The mini CD is 66MB ....

Attached Files:

6. xymic

xymic Thread Starter

After I connect my camera to PC, I see "Digital Camera" and "Video Camera" icon in "My Computer". I've attached a picture so you can get better understanding.

Attached Files:

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Create a New Folder on your desktop.

Open the Camera icon ... Browse to find the pictures ... Select all of them ..
    COPY them .. then PASTE them in the New Folder.
    Click > Drag n Drop also works.

Can you see the pics in the New Folder ??

8. xymic

xymic Thread Starter

Nope, It didn't work. It's funny how I reformatted my computer and it stopped working, heh.

9. xymic

xymic Thread Starter

**Bump**

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice