1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: jpg to gif

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TORB, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Hi Good Peoples,

I need to change a small number of files on my website from jpg (5KB) files to gif files (which reduces them to 1KB). Does anyone know of a free utility or program that will do the job?

Many thanks.

2. cuttlefish

cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
  3. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Unfortunately the site tells me very little about the program itself and whilst it may be "free" there is a cost to "register" for a whole heap of services that I won't use and do not need. But thanks for the suggestion.

4. CTPhil

CTPhil

If you are using Windows, you can convert them with MS Paint which would already be on your computer. Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.

5. buck52

buck52 Banned

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have no idea what you're looking at for IrfanView, but I've used it for some time, and I didn't have to register anything.

The first reference sent you to the wrong site, I see that Buck already beat me to this one. :)

7. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

I use GIMP for everything. And I do mean everything. Mebbe that's worth a try.

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Just another vote for Irfanview.
    Irfanview is totally FREE ... And probably the most popular Image Viewer n Editor here at TSG .
    It is is a great replacement for Windows Image n Fax viewer and is a clean install and un-install.

Go here .. And download Irfanview .... http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967
    For some initial setup suggestions ... See here ... http://2noyb.home.insightbb.com/

If you have any problems ... Many of us here at TSG can help.

9. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The link that cuttlefish gave above was wrongly spelled and gave a location other than Irfanview, to relieve the confusion here.

I would also suggest the use of Irfanview, it realliy is totally free, gratis and cost nothing.
    Plus it works.

10. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Bad link wrong spelling. It's Irfanview.

11. TORB

TORB Thread Starter

Many thanks guys, I Have downloaded the file and will try it out.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice