1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: jucheck.exe updated but keeps popping up to update

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sugerray50, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sugerray50

sugerray50 Thread Starter

So, I updated my Java when this jucheck.exe popped up to tell me I needed to update. However, since then - it keeps popping up EVERY time I turn on my computer.

I have the administrator acct on my computer, and there are 2 accounts that don't a have administrator rights. Do I have to go into both of these as well to update this Java to get that window to stop popping up (altho I'm pretty sure I created those accounts AFTER updating Java the first time I received the jucheck.exe pop up box).

Thanks

2. nikomaster

nikomaster

jusched.exe is the update checker of JAVA so if this annoys you, you can deactivate it by:
    Open start menu.
    type msconfig and hit enter. (it may appear a message that requires permission to make changes, just accept)
    once opened the Windows Configuration Utility, select the tab Windows Startup (it is like the fourth after services)
    There you will find all programs that run at startup:
    Find the element that says JAVA(TM) Platform SE Autoupdate and uncheck it.
    Click ok, it will prompt to restart. If you wanna do it, the last time it reboots the app juschecd.exe won't annoy you.

3. sugerray50

It's only annoying me because it's popping up EVERY time I turn on my computer.... so what I ended up doing was uninstalling Java and reinstalling a new version - seems to be fine now....so far....knock on windows....

4. nikomaster

nikomaster

this always happens when you turn on the computer. However, if you disable it from msconfig it will stop popping up.

5. sugerray50

LOL - no it doesn't - or shouldn't. Once you've updated the software - the dialogue box should stop popping up - at least that's the way it has always worked with any of those boxes that have popped up before for updates on numerous programs.....

Anyway - tis neither here nor there.... it's not happening anymore - by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it - the problem has gone away.

6. nikomaster

nikomaster

Oh great! Good to know you solved it

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087064