1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Just deleted precious DATA how to recover

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rekoms, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rekoms

rekoms Thread Starter

hello

I just deleted data from my pc could you please tell me how to recover?

thank you

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. rekoms

rekoms Thread Starter

It doesnt allow to RESTORE in trial version :(

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

It's all relative of how valuable the files are to you. If the program can see the files and recover them, $29.95 isn't bad.

A few years ago I had a CD-RW that had some valuable files on it that couldn't be read, bought a program for like $40 that recovered all the files. I was damn glad to pay the $40.

5. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If the data is on the same drive / partition as the os, the less you use the system the better the chance you can recover the info. As a disk is used [and written to] the chance that the area of the disk containing the data will be overwritten become greater.

I use and recommend O&O disk recovery. It works great and is easy to use. It is not free however.

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Rule #1
    Do not continue to use the PC until recovery is done, every use will risk overwriting the deleted data

Rule#2
    Do not recover the data onto the same hard drive that has the deleted data on it. Most recovery programs should not allow it, same reasons as rule #1

8. rekoms

rekoms Thread Starter

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!