Solved: Just Lost My FireFox Links ! -Please Help Me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

number2

After spending hours organizing and catagorizing all my web links, I have lost the largest catagory. :eek: I don't see them in the recycle bin listed by name, and can't check through these items without restoring them. This would mess up the rest everything I've done.

I was thinking that I moved them to the clipboard while trying to export them to IE, but did an explorer search and found nothing. And I think the clipboard is only used with word processing programs.

I haven't restarted my computer yet thinking that any trace of them would then be gone for good. :eek:

I am running XP and just started using FireFox. ( which I'm sold on after about 2 days of using it ) (y)

Note, while I was just wrapping up, the brouser had an error and closed. I'm thinking this has something to do with it but I'm not sure.

I don't know what to do and am about to freak out. :eek:

nok

When you restart firefox, did a window pop up and ask about a "new user, default user"?

nok

I had similar problem, but i found the bookmarks i lost in Docments and settings/user name/application data/mozilla/firefox/profiles/ in this folder was the bookmarks.html
These folders hold the different users bookmarks.

number2

I haven't lost all my bookmarks, just one bookmark file. But it was rather large and I had just organized it into about 15 subcatagories.

I believe that I may have either moved them somewhare while trying to transfer them to IE, or just accidentally deleted them.

number2

Thanks nok I just found it there !!

Is there some way to restore the whole file or do I select each link individually ? I dont want to touch anything till I'm sure what to do.

nok

good you found it:)

make a back up of it first, then import the whole folder or maybe use manage bookmarks in the browser?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts