1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: just set up network 2 comps

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hangman75200, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hangman75200

hangman75200 Thread Starter

i have 2 comps both on xp home. first is connected to dsl , i installed another Ethernet card and connected to second comp with 'crossover cable' both say connected with no (!)'s . but when open status window "sent" shows packets and "received" shows "0" packets. this is on both machines.

never tried to so any network stuff before. probably just my error but don't know.

any help please......... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. blin

blin

could be the hardware issue. Can you ping each other?

3. hangman75200

hangman75200 Thread Starter

got it fixed but thank u for the reply.

4. mtaylor1

mtaylor1

Hi,

1. XPpro DELL Desktop with Ethernet using netgear router works fine, No connection Problem

2. XPpro ibm Thinkpad600e - Netgear wireless card 16-bit ma01 - works fine no connection problems
    IP- 192.168.0.1;

3. XPpro Dell Latitude CPI laptop Netgear wireless card 54-bit WR511 -
    Good signal strength, but cannot access the internet;
    ip: 192.168.0.103???
    Default Gateway - doesn't display
    I've heard I'd have to setup an IP range (192.168-0.1 thru 192-168.0.4) on the desktop router. Is there a site that can walk me through my type of setup?
    thanks.
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice