1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: K8V Deluxe stops at "bios not installed"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmc, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmc

jmc Thread Starter

I'm trying to help a friend's son build his first computer, from over the phone. He's built a system based on an Asus K8V Deluxe. He called me about seeing the "bios not installed" error; I explained that this was normal as he's not using RAID.

What is happening, though, is that right after that, the system stops, and I simply cannot remember if this is normal if there is not yet an OS installed, or a disk in any removeable drive. Is it? If it is not, what sort of problems should I look for? I know this is a stupid question but I have a serious case of brain dead tonight.

I also have this board. I'm fairly certain there's nothing catastrophic happening, but it's been long enough since I put this system together I can't remember the experience. Unfortunately, I cannot reboot my system right now to see 'what happens next'. Can someone remind me, please?

If he doesn't sort this out for himself tonight, I'll be visiting him tomorrow.

Thanks for any help!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Take the Raid out of the boot order via the bios. If there is no floppy disk or formatted hard drive, it has no where else to go....you have to be trying to boot to something.

3. jmc

jmc Thread Starter

Just to follow up, this was the normal action for the board, and the OS would normally start to load after that. The problem he was experiencing was actually an error caused by the fact that the board came without the chassis intrusion jumper, which was causing the system to halt at various places depending on how the system was booted (Chassis Intrusion Detected! Fatal Error - System Halted, or something similar). This was his first build, so he didn't understand the error. Once I placed a jumper properly, he was able to install Windows and is happily playing with his new machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!