1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Keep getting "temporary" User Account in W7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JoeyG, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Anybody know what causes a user account to get replaced by a "temporary" user account? When I sign in to my user account (which is an administrator Account) it sometimes takes a little longer and then when it does go thru, it has a generic desktop and says in the notification area "You have a temporary user account, your files are not accessible through here, please sign out and attempt to sign again and you may go to your original account, if not see your system administrator, for help.." Now this doesn't happen every time, but about once out of every ten times, Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Thanks In Advance..

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If your profile cannot be loaded, but only sometimes, I would suspect a hard drive or memory error. Suggest you run a disk check (with error correction) and memory diagnostics. Memtest86+ is a popular one, and there is probably one in the BIOS (Setup).

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

will do THANKS!!! let ya know how it goes..

4. Brett_WinTeam

Brett_WinTeam

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Thread Starter

Thanks Fellas' for the tips.. All was good, on the chkdsk /f and memory, so I went to that forum, and followed directions how to delete the temp one from the registry, and now I go straight to the administrator account no problem.. THANKS AGAIN!!!

6. Brett_WinTeam

Brett_WinTeam

Cool, I am glad that helped!

Brett M,
    Windows Outreach Team

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940382

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice