1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: keep it running

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by txbluh20, Feb 15, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. txbluh20

txbluh20 Thread Starter

is there a way to keep the spyware protection programs such as Adaware, Spybot S&D, and Spyware Doctor running around teenagers? Everytime my son gets on the computer and surfs the nasties, he turns off the SPDoctor. Can it be password protected before being turned off?

2. LuckyStrike

LuckyStrike

I don't know how to password protect the programs you mentioned, but one program I use that is pretty effective in keeping nasty stuff like Coolwebsearch off of my computer is BOClean . You can configure it to run hidden and password protected. It is not free, but once you buy it, updates and upgrades are perpetual. It plays well with other security programs like AV's and firewalls, and it is really light on resources. Updates are usually available daily and the makers of BOClean stay at the cutting edge of keeping up with new variants of malware that appear every day.

3. Rockn

Rockn

Keep him off the internet if he can't do what he is supposed to. Who is the parent, you or the software??

4. txbluh20

txbluh20 Thread Starter

hey Rockon - he's 17 and listens about as well as the dogs do !! thanks, but next time stick to your area of expertise (computers) if you have nothing but insults to add.

5. txbluh20

txbluh20 Thread Starter

thanks Lucky - I'll give it a try

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice