1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Keeps starting in sleep mode?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Freemorrison, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freemorrison

Freemorrison Thread Starter

Every time I turn off my PC, and come back hours later, when I push the start button it turns yellow instead of green (which I assume is sleep mode). I have to keep trying and trying to restart it, I have now found that I have to put my XP disk in - then the green lite (i guess any cd would work to get something moving)- then it will start and I have to remove the XP pro disk? I have gone to power options and it is all set to default. ( turn off hard disk "NO") ( "sleep mode" "NO" )SO ??? I'm about ready to buy a new dell, this one is only year old and I love it but I don"t enjoy not being able to start it up without all the hassle. Guess I could leave it on all the time? I have processed all idle task, and gone thru the power options 20 times, I have checked the device manager to make sure it's alrite and booting to CD is enabled. -Oh and Merry Christmas and a big thank you to -
    Phantom010 - you my friend are a genius - that worked - great advice on my previous problem.

2. Freemorrison

Freemorrison Thread Starter

Solved it myself, the battery was dead, ever tried taking one of those out- woo tricky.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/881674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice