1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: kensington mouse software will not execute

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by porschelover, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. porschelover

porschelover Thread Starter

Just purchased a Kensington Trackball Expert Mouse 7.0 model K64325 to be used with Vista 64 bit operating system. When I down load the appropiate software, Trackballworks V 1.04, from the Kensington site, it will not execute. I get the message "kbtworks.exe has stopped working". Can anybody help?

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Is it possible the software you are attempting to install is not 64-bit compatible?

3. porschelover

According to the Kensington web site, Trackballworks v 1.04 is supposed to work on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Vista. It is also supposed to work on Windows XP, but I get the same message "kbtworks.exe has stopped working", when trying to run it on XP. I have a dual boot setup, so I can run either Vista or XP.

4. porschelover

The Kensington help site said to try to load Trackballworks v 1.01 from EU.Kensington, which I am guessing is a European site. The good news is, that the v 1.01 software executes and the Expert Mouse is now functional.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice