1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Kernal data inpage error - crashes immediately.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by InstantChicken, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. InstantChicken

InstantChicken Thread Starter

I'm here at my wits end because Asus aren't helping me even when my laptop (asus ks3e) is in warranty.

Run down:
    >I've had it for 7 months, about 2 months ago it occasionally blue screened giving me this error note about kernal data inpage error.
    > it seemed okay and I did a restore but a month later if became worse, seemingly on media playing. I noticed it began around installing the itunes update which kept getting errors itself and the BSOD's got more frequent. I did my earliest restore, which for some reason was only from 4 months ago and not the seperate one I made from the start, which is now missing but nevertheless is didnt change anything, neither did de fragmenting, running a disck check etc.
    > Its gotten to the point the laptop is unusable out of safe mode.
    > Basically. Start up goes smoothly, select login once its on the desktop everything functions normally for 10 - 20 seconds or even less before it BSODs for half a second then flashes to a screen asking me for a boot disc I dont have. So I have to force shut down.
    >It then will allow safe mode choices. Other wise going back to normal startup repeats the above.

My info things.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B815 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3873 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1872 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 190775 MB, Free - 101657 MB; D: Total - 260561 MB, Free - 82398 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K53E
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I'm sorry if Ive missed things or sound dumb, Ive had it broken for over a month along with arguments with asus support so any help would be appreciated.

2. InstantChicken

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & Welcome to TechGuy.org

If you purchased the computer in the USA with a credit card, the credit card company may be able to help you.

Boot to safe mode with networking. If you use wi fi, you might not be able to connect to the internet, if you can connect to the internet:

Go to C:\windows\minidumps
    Copy the 5 most recent entries to a folder.
    RIGHT click said folder.
    Left click "send to"
    Left click "compressed [ zip ] folder
    Retun to this thread
    Use "go advanced"
    "manage attachments"
    browse
    upload
    close window
    submit reply

If you are unable to connect to the internet using safe mode with networking,
    copy the .zipped folder you created, above, to a flash drive.
    Use a different computer to attach the .zip folder to a reply.

1 of us will analyze them.

Please provide the complete & exact text of that msg & all other error or warning messages you receive.

If your computer is responsive you can create screen shots.W7 has a snipping tool, or you can create screen shots manually.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

or
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

screenshot

On your keyboard, look for a key labeled "print screen" OR "PrtSc" OR "PRN SCN" or some variation.
    When you want to capture that which is displayed, press the print screen button.
    Open Paint [ start > programs / all programs > accessories > paint [ rarely MS Paint]
    Maximize Paint
    left click "edit"
    Left click "paste"
    file > save as.
    Save the file to any location of your choice.
    File name: your choice, for example: "filename"
    save as type: left click down pointing arrow. Left click jpg / jpeg
    Left click "save" / "ok".

The file name has now been saved as filename.jpg [ or filename.jpeg ].

RF123

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Thanks for providing the brand, model & model #, as well as the system info data.

When did the computer last work well? Sometimes the exact date is important.

What changed? An install or removal of hardware or software; a W7 update [ check the update history ] or an update to Adobe or Java or your Trend Micro Titanium?

RF123

5. InstantChicken

Hello thanks for the help, but I have no idea what happened but my computer is working. It hasnt crashed for a week. It had an update and I removed some things, it didnt seem like things that would help at all but its working now. Untill next time that is Cx
    Cheers though

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

I C :
    Thanks for the update.

Yeah, computers can be weird, sometimes.

The thread will close after 45 days of inactivity. If the problem starts again, you can left click "report" and ask a moderator to re-open the thread.

unsubscribed

Best of success.

RF123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice