1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Kernel_data_inpage_error followed by disc read error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tubby123, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tubby123

tubby123 Thread Starter

Hi, I have a windows vista home premium and it has had several problems since I purchased it. I have a 320GB seagate hd, after installing vista and using it for 2 days it randomly shut off on me so I decided to recover vista to factory defaults using a recovery Disc. Vista was running fine after recovering, one day later while I was playing an online FPs called Soldier Front (lag free). My computer gave me the blue screen (hardware has maltfunctioned) Kernel_data_Inpage_error .. then some 7 and 0's .. My computer restarted and gave me the disc read error (press ctrl+alt+del to restart) but after clicking ctrl+alt+del it restarted to the acer screen and froze (monitor and cpu is acer). I cant go into safe mode because clicking f8 didnt work but i can boot into the other 2 settings clicking f12 or delete. I got fed up and bought another harddrive (500 GB western digital caviar blue) then the exact same thing happened to the new hard drive and their are no errors on this hard drive Chkdisc confirmed it and I also ran a memtest86. I can boot into vista with this new harddrive but it will give me the blue screen of death after 2 minutes . . and this continues.. Im really angry at the moment so can someone please help me! Thanks in advance!!

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

How Old? is your computer? If it's still under warranty, bring it back.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Make/model?

(BTW: Acer does not make CPU's.)

4. tubby123

tubby123 Thread Starter

Hey thanks for replying. I bought it a week ago as open box and it was supposedly made in 2008.
    Im going to give the rough specs since Im not on my computer because it isnt working .. Its an
    Acer Aspire /m100/m200/m300 (something like that - full details next post)
    2048 MB ddr 2 memory
    Ati Radeon 800mb graphics card
    Amd Phenemenom (spelling error) x3
    320 GB seagate hd
    500 Gb wester digital hd (not connected)

I hit f12 and made it into boot menu so then I selected for it to boot from the sata hd and it miraculously did, my computer was working fine and I was running some programs, no lag nothing, but after a couple minutes everything stopped responding, I could still move my cursor and move around the windows but they stopped responding.. 1 minute later my computer restarted to a disc read error press ctrl +alt + del to restart . . I dont know what to do now my computer loads past the vista loading screen (moving bars) and I can move around the mouse but their is a black screen. . Please help! Thanks

5. tubby123

tubby123 Thread Starter

bump . .

6. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Re: I bought it a week ago as open box?

So are you saying that you bought this 1 week old computer with NO warranty? Even a refurbished computer has at least 30 days.
    But then again, please explain what exactly does open box mean?

7. tubby123

tubby123 Thread Starter

open box would mean somebody bought it but they returned it.
    Anyways thanks for replying it was greatly appreciated, I decided to return it and bought a new computer.

8. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Good for you and I wish you a Happy New Year with your New compute.

Just curious, did you get a Full Refund? or did they remove this 20% restocking BS fee?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice