1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aixlol, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aixlol

Aixlol Thread Starter

Hey there guys, new to this forum, Having a bit of trouble with my current computer.

My current keyboard is a Razer Black widow and for some odd reason the keyboard just randomly locks up with the ctrl and alt key held down when it physically is not even pressed.

This happens very frequently (EVery Minute).

I can reboot the system and it will work for a few mins before locking up again, And the most weird thing about this is when I open the on-screen keyboard, it fixes it, but only (once again) for a few seconds before it locks up again with the exact same keys as before.

I tried four separate keyboards in different ports and the same result is present so I'm convinced that it is the system itself.
    I scanned the entire pc with avira, and there were no viruses found.

So Here Are The Facts:

• Keyboard insists that control and alt are being held
    • Sticky keys and Toggle keys are disabled, nor are they resetting at any time.
    • Keyboard works on other computers
    • All drivers are up to date
    • No yellow triangle next to the device
    • On Screen keyboard seems to fix it once a letter is clicked
    • No viruses popup with Avira
    • No suspecting services in task manager
    • After typing with the real keyboard after while i can see that both left and right control and alt are light up on the on-screen keyboard.

Please Help..

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

3. Aixlol

Aixlol Thread Starter

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire X3300
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM
    Page File: 2417MB used, 7177MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

4. Aixlol

Aixlol Thread Starter

Bumpy :c?

5. Aixlol

Aixlol Thread Starter

*UPDATE*

It seems to only happen when i press the c Key. Any idea how to rebind it properly?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050718