1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Keyboard keeps missing letters

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dkittl20, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dkittl20

dkittl20 Thread Starter

My keyboard on my laptop keeps missing letters / spaces... very annoying problem. any help would be appreciated.

Things I have tryed:
    Cleaned keyboard
    Updated the drivers
    full virus / spyware / malware -clean-
    not a wireless keyboard

This is an eample of what thkeyboard types, nly ppens once ad a while
    "This is an example of what the keyboard types, only happens once and a while"

thanks

2. radgy

radgy

This drove me mad. I eventually pulled all the key caps off, turned the keyboard upside down and gave it a good clean out using a low pressure air gun. You'd be surprised how much gunk builds up in the keyboard over a month. I used a light silicone spray on the white tubes that the key caps click into. It helps to take a photo before hand so you don't put the caps on in the wrong order. Hope this works for you. Failing that, and if you've had the keyboard for a few years, it could just be plain wear and tear and time for a new one. Cheers.

3. dkittl20

dkittl20 Thread Starter

Well, Im pretty sure its not from dirt although worth a shot. It happend overnight. working fine to this. I would get a new keyboard, but its a laptop.....

Any other ideas??

4. dkittl20

dkittl20 Thread Starter

Just wanted to let anyone know who is searching for this problem that the reason keystrokes were being missed was due to a dead laptop battery. Guess it was putting off little surges that the sofware could not handle for that split second.

took out the battery and now typing like a dream. I typed this whole thing without a missed letter!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894179