Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Keyboard lagging while everything else is fine.

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Rivera42 
#1 ·
New PC, no known issues, but the keyboard lags quite a bit.
I just typed that letter I at the start of this sentence, while onscreen it was still laying out the word "quite."

It doesn't delete or backspace in realtime either. Whether I type slow or fast, whether other programs are running or not, and on both of 2 keyboards the problem is the same.

Scanned system for malware online and offline, using trend, eset, panda, ewido, spybot, adaware '07, windows defender and onecare, avast, a squared, avert, kasp online, and yahoo's ca scan and norton scan. nothing nothing and nothing.

nothing else on the system is having memory issues. it's a new computer. pages load quick. acrobat loads quick. aim loads quick. email is working. task man shows no problems.
tried updating drivers, that didnt help.

im thinking keylogger? but how could that be? and if not that, then what?

#2 ·
I seriously can't live like this. I start typing and it's not halfway through laying out the letters onscreen when I'm already done typing. I can't backspace if I hit the wrong key until I wait for the rest of the typed characters to appear. When I can use the backspace key, it overshoots what I wanted to scrap.
The mouse works fine.
For pete's sake, I'm a writer, I can't live like this.
PLEASE HELP!!!

#3 ·
Is it slow wherever you type, like in Notepad, a Word Processor etc. ?

USB or PS2 type keyboard ?
Wireless or anything else unusual about the keyboard ?

Have you installed any software around the time this started ?

You could try a System Restore to a time before this began.

#5 ·
applies to any program. notepad, windows explorer, firefox, this forum, everything.

built in keyboard and bluetooth kb are both doin it.

system restore for some reason doesn't work - and this is a NEW PC - new as of 4/22/08
***Please check this thread***

all legal, dell OEM, WGA/windows key, 100% legit.

have installed many new software, but all of it is stuff I brought over from my old machine, where i never had this problem.

#7 ·
#8 ·
It seems keyboard lag is an issue with recently-shipped Vostros, but I haven't found the solution yet, if one exists - only workarounds like disabling PCMService, or clearing my Outlook Express address book..

http://www.dellcommunity.com/suppor...ZUvmIKIqikmf_-1&submitted=true&q=keyboard+lag

Seriously, I'm starting to think about doing a repair install, just to see if that helps. Thing is, I've no clue how to do it, especially since my dvd+-rw drive is for some reason refusing to autorun any cd's, including the XP CD.
They work via Explorer, solamente.

#9 ·
#10 ·
It's been 13 days and I've been able to type like a human being again just from that one little bitty workaround. Whatta relief. I'm marking this solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.