1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: keyboard not detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by idz07, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. idz07

idz07 Thread Starter

my situation is this..my ps2 keyboard doesn't get detected from time to time. what i do when this happens is to turn off my pc, then unpug the keyboard, then plug it again. most of the time, it works, my keyboard gets detected again, but for the last couple of days, it was getting harder to make my cpu detect it. i decided to borrow a usb keyboard. on the first boot, my cpu detected it, then upon loading windows, my keyboard doesn't work anymore. what should i do???? by the way, im using winows xp.

2. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

What Service Pack of WinXp is up?

3. shinybeast

shinybeast

Your description is a bit confusing. It sounds like there is a bad connection at the PS2 port. I've had a keyboard do that to me before (work and not work, gradually getting worse). Are you saying that if the USB keyboard is attached and the PS/2 is not attached, then the USB keyboard is detected when you start but will not work in Windows?

4. idz07

idz07 Thread Starter

Win XP SP2 >> is that answers ur question??

5. idz07

idz07 Thread Starter

@bboy_cero >> Win XP SP2 >> is that answers ur question??

@juju68 >> yes, that is correct.. maybe the USB port is not enabled?? but i can use my flash drive..how come??

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    WHen you say your CPU detected it, Were you able to enter Bios with it or possibly try the F8 key during boot up to see if you can get into Safe mode.

7. idz07

idz07 Thread Starter

@dustyjay >> yeah, i was able to enter bios. i even saw there that the cpu detected my usb keybord.but when it entered windows, it won't work anymore.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    did you try entering Safe Mode? Or possibly a different USB Port?

Also it may help if you would list your PC Specs. System amke and model or if Custom built Mother Board Make and Model, Processor, Ram, Video, etc... you have told us your OS already. These might help us help you figure it out.

9. idz07

idz07 Thread Starter

well, it turns out that some of the ports at the back of my pc are disabled. so there.. my usb keyboard is working. but my ps2 post for my keyboard still mulfunctions. il post my spec later. im at the office you see. hehe

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Well Good to hear you got this partially fixed. And I have nothing at all plugged into my PS2 Ports

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice