1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] keyboard not recognized

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dlh, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlh

dlh Thread Starter

My problem is 2 part-I recently moved an old computer with windows 95 on it. It worked fine before moving it- now when I start it up it starts in Dos and my keyboard wont work. The computer beeps 12 times, stops, beeps 12 more, stops, then beeps continually. I tried using a different keyboard and the green lights came on momentarily and then they went out. It doesn't make the computer beep but still won't work. Any suggestions????

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    since you moved the PC - you may have dislodged something,
    can you open the PC and reseat all the modules etc.

whats the make/model of PC
    can you get into the bios to see what the make of bios is - then poss decode beeps from here
    http://www.bioscentral.com/

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. When you say it starts in dos, do you actually make it to a dos prompt?

4. dlh

dlh Thread Starter

I got it to work--tried hooking it up to a third keyboard and that was the trick-have no idea why the other two wouldn't work!!

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I'm wondering if you may have had stuck keys on the other keyboards?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice