[SOLVED] keyboard not recognized

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dlh

My problem is 2 part-I recently moved an old computer with windows 95 on it. It worked fine before moving it- now when I start it up it starts in Dos and my keyboard wont work. The computer beeps 12 times, stops, beeps 12 more, stops, then beeps continually. I tried using a different keyboard and the green lights came on momentarily and then they went out. It doesn't make the computer beep but still won't work. Any suggestions????

etaf

Wayne
since you moved the PC - you may have dislodged something,
can you open the PC and reseat all the modules etc.

whats the make/model of PC
can you get into the bios to see what the make of bios is - then poss decode beeps from here
http://www.bioscentral.com/

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. When you say it starts in dos, do you actually make it to a dos prompt?

dlh

I got it to work--tried hooking it up to a third keyboard and that was the trick-have no idea why the other two wouldn't work!!

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I'm wondering if you may have had stuck keys on the other keyboards?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online