Solved: Killed my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Don't realisticly expect a fix for this blunder I have made but here it is. I used the Eaesus clone software to back up my complete HD on one of my PC's.Somehow I hit the wrong button and now the computer will not boot. Get NTLDR is missing hit CTRL/ALT/DELETE restart. That brings back the same NTLDR missing.

Now I tried to run Dariks wipe and it crashes-Unrecognized HD found.
I tried the XP CD and get the same-NTLDR is missing.
I can't get into the BIOS to set the boot to CD.
I would try to install Linux if I can get it on CD. That probably would not work either though.
Do I now have a very heavy doorstop or can someone think of something else to try to bring the PC back to life?

Laz123

Banned
Try this:

• 1 Insert a CD into the optical drive and restart the computer.

• 2 Press the "Esc" key when the "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" message appears on-screen. This message will come on while the Compaq logo is on-sceen.

• 3 Press the "F10" key when the Startup Menu appears on-screen to enter the Setup Utility Program.

• 4 Use the arrow keys to select the "System Configuration Menu."

• 5 Use the arrow keys to go to "Boot Options."

• 6 Use the arrow keys to set the "CD-ROM boot" option to "Enable."

• 7 Save the changes and exit the Setup Utility Program. The computer will restart from the disc inside the optical drive.

Now try a 'repair' install which will save your data but you'll have to do all updates http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online