1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Kindle question....anybody?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by topazbest, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. topazbest

topazbest Thread Starter

Looking at Kindle...need a device that will let me download PDF files and other txt files from websites/internet and then view/save on KINDLE? Is this possible....need to review documents and other items during flights, and at home...dont want to carry laptop , just need to download then save and then review later or return to document without going on net for review. Can a KINDLE do this?

2. good grief

good grief

You can send things the Kindle--at $0.99 per MB (last time I looked, which is a while back), and view it on there, providing you have your email account for your Kindle set up and activated. There are options for checking out Google and the web as well as Wikipedia, etc., but I suspect you may run into difficulties battery-wise if you spent a lot of time on the web with the Kindle. I also think you need to look into the pricing for surfing the web on a Kindle. Amazon will happily pay for you to download their books (naturally) but I think there's a charge for going elsewhere. It's done the same way as a cell phone, so you may find downloading large documents a problem too.

Saving them on Kindle is not a problem as they go into the Cloud your books are stored on--I think. Best to check it all out on Amazon.com.

ETA: Since it works the same as a cell phone, you'll have to remember to turn off the wireless during flights. Also, I'm not sure how web pages display on a Kindle, since I've never gone online with mine.

3. topazbest

topazbest Thread Starter

Thanks....great info!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063424