1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Kodak Easyshare software does not recognize digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Chela47, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chela47

Chela47 Thread Starter

I have successfully installed the new Easyshare software, the camera CX6230 is detected by the Device Manager, I connect the camera using a usb port, I hear a sound like it connecting but it doesn't go any further. I checked the synchronize and transfer under tools in Easyshare and it says "No supported device connected" What am I missing?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Stupid question perhaps but have you switched the camera on?

3. Chela47

Chela47 Thread Starter

Yes, the camera is turned on.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

How about uninstalling the Kodacrap software then just pluging the camera in and let windows regognize it in Explorer/My Computer

then you could try any one of a half dozen better programs than Kodak supplies

5. Chela47

Chela47 Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch. I followed your suggestion, unloaded the Kodacrap software, plugged in the camera and then tried Adobe Photoshop Album Starter 3.2. It worked like a charm. Unbelievable!!

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

good to hear... with most cameras you don't need to install the included software.. there is much better free software available

have a peek at the sticky thread at the top of this forum

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice