Solved: Kodak Easyshare software does not recognize digital camera

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chela47

I have successfully installed the new Easyshare software, the camera CX6230 is detected by the Device Manager, I connect the camera using a usb port, I hear a sound like it connecting but it doesn't go any further. I checked the synchronize and transfer under tools in Easyshare and it says "No supported device connected" What am I missing?

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Stupid question perhaps but have you switched the camera on?

buck52

Banned
How about uninstalling the Kodacrap software then just pluging the camera in and let windows regognize it in Explorer/My Computer

then you could try any one of a half dozen better programs than Kodak supplies

Chela47

Thanks a bunch. I followed your suggestion, unloaded the Kodacrap software, plugged in the camera and then tried Adobe Photoshop Album Starter 3.2. It worked like a charm. Unbelievable!!

buck52

Banned
good to hear... with most cameras you don't need to install the included software.. there is much better free software available

have a peek at the sticky thread at the top of this forum

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online