Solved: Kodak Easyshare without Easyshare

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Elf-stone

Happy Holidays, everyone.
I just got a Kodak Easyshare C300 which works great, but I really don't like the Easyshare software. I read some posts here where people uninstalled Easyshare and just loaded the camera drivers to use with another program. I tried to do the same, but when Windows asks for the drivers, no matter which folder I point to on the disk, it doesn't find the correct file. Can anyone point me in the right direction?:cool:

Interesting. According to the Kodak site, you should be able to connect your camera without the Easyshare Software to any Windows XP machine. The problem is probably the fact that are using 98SE and therefore, it can't find the driver. I don't know a work around but if you could take a screen shot of the folders in the disk and tell us what version it is, I might be able to help.

Elf-stone

The software version is 5.0.2
Here's the Easyshare folder .
If the camera showed up as a drive, no problem, but it shows as an imaging device and when I try to install drivers through windows, they are not to be found.

Attachments

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
In my Kodac book - there's a 1-800-235-6325 (HelpMe) number.
If it were me - I'd call them and tell them I need the drivers to make W-98 work like W-XP ... but refuse to install Easy Share.

Would be interesting to hear what they say.

Elf-stone

Thanks, Linksyjack, but I'm not sure which file you mean. None of them seem right to me.

Elf-stone

I actually figured it out.( or stumbled on it ). I opened an installer "CCS core" and another"SFR" in SysFiles and now when I plug in the camera it shows up in my computer as C300 Digital Camera [F:] and I can access the pictures.:D

Elf-stone

Yes, Irfanview is one of my favorite programs and always the first one I install after a Windows installation.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Welcome to the Irfanview Fan club.
Irfan just updated it Christmas Eve.
Are you interested in, or have, any advanced Image Editing software.
I use Photoshop (or the cheaper Elements) but there's a free version of Paint Shop Pro somewhere.
I think this is one of the links.
http://com-puterworks.com/Free_Downloads.htm

Elf-stone

Thanks for the link. I don't do any serious editing, and just use the HP Image Zone program that came with my printer. I had a trial version of PSP and it was nice, I'll download this free version when I have time (still using dial-up).
Marking this thread as solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online