1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: KOTOR2 Annoyance

Discussion in 'Games' started by funkdmonkey, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey Thread Starter

This is my 1st time posting in game thread about my own problem....im ashamed, i usually work around it.

Anyway just some background on KOTOR2....its been really buggy and the gamers are demanding a patch and i doubt you can help me.

Off with my problem....(spoilers for those playing maybe)
    Mira just freed my jedi from these toxic tunnels and i have to go to the arena to confront an Exchange boss guy.
    For those who dont know the game well what happens now is i go to a bunch of cut-scenes(in-game not movies) and characters start talking. Anyway after a few of these cutscenes go by my game freezes and than crashes to desktop. Before it crashes i can see my character standing outside the arena standing almost ready to start playing, the screen the goes dark and freezes. I dont think im supposed to be there, it appears to be an after-image of some sort.

So please help, ive played this game non-stop for the past 2 weeks (SO GOOD) and than i hit this wall. I got all my drivers up and running, the game ran fine before and still does in any part except this. Any suggestions?

2. funkdmonkey

Here is a second description to my problem, appearantely im not alone. One person said deleting saves till Nar Shadaa might fix it, but thats 5 hours of progress down the drain so im holding myself back.

Hi,
    I'm having the following problem, and I was wondering if anybody else has had this same issue, or has a workaround for it:
    On Nar Shaddaa, after Mira has let the exile into the 'Pit' area, I see the cutscene where Goto's henchmen kill Viquis, and then Kreia entering the pit and ordering the Wookiee to hunt down Mira.
    When that cutscene ends, the camera returns to show the Exile from behind standing in the ventilation control room in the same area, and the game then crashes. The crash occurs at that same point, without fail. I'm loading from a save I have just before Mira leaves via the escape tunnel.
    Disabling audio or movies has not helped. I have the latest ATI drivers (radeon 9800) and up to this point the game has worked fine, apart from occasional random crashes to desktop.
    Any clue?

3. Topato

Topato

4. funkdmonkey

I have already, same results :(

5. funkdmonkey

Bump

Come on ive been living and breathing is game for the past few days and i really want to progress, BADLY!

6. funkdmonkey

OKay if anyone else has this problem just go back a few saves(before you cant go into the ebon hawk) and simply go to onderon or another planet. Once you return it shouldnt crash, it fixed it for me.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice