Solved: lag and lots of it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timbo400

i looked at the process manager and saw that every like 5 seconds the system would jump from about 5-10% to about 45-50% and also play music and every time there was a "skip" that was when the process went to 50%
i also checked the current processes to see that only system idle wsas using the normal 99%....

that is my system bieng gay

Attachments

timbo400

my comp isnt a "super" comp but it runs all programs and most games at average or better

timbo400

its just about the first 40 to 50 mins of logging in and playing games, listening to music, surfing net etc it starts lagging, but last night i accidently left it on without touching it and in the morning it didnt lag after bieng on for 8 hrs

timbo400

this is the third time ive reseted my comp since my last post due to the lag, plz can someone help me??

The last information you gave was "but last night i accidently left it on without touching it and in the morning it didnt lag after bieng on for 8 hrs"

Without more information it seemed like the problem was resolved.

Have you tried removing any unnecessary programs.
Have you tried a repair install.

And to bring it back to your first post, finding 700 traces of spyware is not a good thing. You may have a corrupted computer beyond a simple solution.

timbo400

lol most of the 700 things were like subcatergories like "slotchbar" and there were like 30 things for it etc, i reckon it starts when i open sumthing, like open a program. ive removed many unnesscary programs to no avail and a repair install? as in windows xp repair?

Typically you get these types of spyware when you download something from the Internet. Need to be very careful in the future.

Since you have WindowsXP, then yes, you might try a XP repair.

timbo400

lol this is probaly a stupid question but what could i repair windows xp with? the cd or wot? my computer didnt come with a windows xp cd but a acer recovery crap that would be it rite? or could i dl a cd?

do you have a protected partition drive?

mine has one with all the original files on it and its as simple as going to system recovery in applications.

timbo400

hey ive looked at my acer recovery cds and it was a "acer aspire b300 recovery CD for windows xp home &system cd" but when i put it in my cd drive it reads and all there is, is a 656mb .IMG file that doesnt do **** all (i opened it with iso buster)
so wot should i do cuz i dont have the cd or i do but the cds dont really work to my knowledge. i looked at your website and could "ReInstalling WindowsXP" work?

timbo400

ive think ive solve the problem (i looked at my processes and did a trial and error thingy and removed "DSC" which is my optus dsl client or some crap so ill post if it still persists

RAM-PAGE

Banned
timbo400 said:
I've looked at my Acer recovery CDs and it was an "Acer Aspire b300 recovery CD for Windows XP Home & system CD" but when I put it in my CD drive it reads and all there is, is a 656mb .IMG file that doesn't do anything at all (I opened it with iso buster).

So what should I do? I don't have the CD, or I do but the CDs don't really work to my knowledge. I looked at your website and could "ReInstalling WindowsXP" work?
Acer used to ship a recovery Floppy along with their recovery CDs.

Do you have one?

With some OEMs the Floppies are bright RED in colour.

timbo400

Glad you found some process running that seems to be part of the problem. Looking forward to hearing if this continues to solve the problem.

Hopefully you will not need to use the manufacturer's restore CD's. This usually puts the computer back the way it came from the factory.

RAM-PAGE

Banned
If you have the Free Microsoft SP2 CD then it makes the job of re-installing OEM machines that much easier, especially if you image the C: drive after achieving a good install so that you can restore from up-to-date drive image files.

Windows XP Service Pack Two

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online