1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Language Bar Disappeared

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by daphne630, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daphne630

daphne630 Thread Starter

Hello, my language bar has disappeared (Windows Vista).
    I can't recall if I made any major changes yesterday but the bar is not here.

2. fel1x

fel1x

3. daphne630

daphne630 Thread Starter

I see the Language Bar in Toolbars is checked.

4. fel1x

fel1x

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.
    3. Click Regional and Language Options.
    4. Click the Languages tab, and then click Details.
    5. On the Settings tab, click Language Bar.
    6. Click to select the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box, and then click OK.
    7. Click OK to close the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box.

Make sure that you haven't chosen to "Hide inactive icons" in your Vista Taskbar

can try adding then removing and of course system restore http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Add-an-input-language

5. daphne630

daphne630 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I have Date, Time and Regional & Language Options separate. So I clicked Regional & Language, Keyboards and Languages, Language Bar - Docked in the Taskbar (always had this).

Here is an update to my post. When I restarted, the language bar appeared but after awhile (about 5-10 min) I click on it or just press Shift+Alt as usual to switch the languages, and it doesn't work & it doesn't show the three languages inputs I have always had here.
    It wouldn't be surprising if the bar will disappear later. But at least to restore switching between the languages, because I don't always type in English.

And I have never gone to these settings, how could they change all by themselves.

My update history - Definition Update for Windows Defender failed on 25 and 21, maybe this has to do with the language bar, though I don't think so.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977321

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice