1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop battery questions (acer)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CoNTy, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoNTy

CoNTy Thread Starter

Hi!

I have a Acer Aspire 7735ZG laptop. It is some years old now, but still runs without any issues - except for a battery issue. It doesn't charge, and is constantly on 0 %. Apart from that it works perfect!

1. I have always used it with AC plugged in. Never have I used the laptop in "battery mode". So in theory, my battery should be unused and therefor perfect - correct?

2. I've read that some people fixed their problem with the battery not charging (and other issues) simply by turning the laptop off; removing the battery and finally pushing the POWER-ON button for 5-10 seconds. The problem was something with residual charge. Is this operation 100% safe for my laptop? Can I lose my files or hurt any hardware by doing this? If not, I might try this.

If you cannot help me, thanks for taking the time to read.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Wrong, that's the best way to kill a battery. They have limited charge and recharge cycles and they do best when used. But batteries are not things that last forever and if they are not used then they need to be stored in a dry and cool place to extend their useful life.

That said, many Acer's have horrible batteries that simply die no matter how they are used or taken care off.

It can work, and free to try, so definitely worth a shot. And yes it's 100% safe. The battery has zero part in holding your data which is stored on a magnetic disk.

If you need a replacement battery there are tons of online retailers such as those on Amazon selling inexpensive replacements.

3. CoNTy

CoNTy Thread Starter

Thank you very much for taking the time reading and replying. I guess I will try out this method.

Have a nice day! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1105928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice