1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop Battery Replacement Questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roadie, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Roadie

Roadie Thread Starter

I need to replace the battery in my P-6301 Gateway Notebook. Any website recommendations?

By going to the Gateway website I was directed to four vendors selling replacement batteries. The cheapest of the four is at http://www.mundocorp.com.

For my notebook there are two choices, a 6 cell LI-ION battery for $64.00 or a 9 cell LI-ION battery for $114.00. In previous research I believe I found that the original battery was a 6 cell.

Do I need to replace the battery with the 6 cell battery only, or do I have the option of buying the 9 cell to give me more power?

Thanks for your help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Higher cell batteries will give you more run time, and yes they are an option and many people opt for those instead.

I've bought batteries from Dr. Battery and EverCorp, but I don't think EverCorp ships to the US and Dr. Battery has higher prices I think.

3. raybro

raybro

Amazon has a good selection and reasonable prices. Don't forget to look at shipping cost.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    And there's always Ebay !

5. Roadie

Roadie Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply's. Guess I'll just go with mundocorp and get the 9 cell.

6. Roadie

Roadie Thread Starter

While looking at the photos of the 9 cell batteries supposedly available for my notebook, the batteries look wider than my original 6 cell battery. Will a 9 cell still fit? I guess when installing a 9 cell part of the battery would extended beyond the frame of the computer, is this correct? The original 6 cell battery fits flush against the frame. Of course I don't want to buy a battery that won't fit.

Thanks for your help.

7. raybro

raybro

Here is a quote from what I found on the 9-cell battery on the Mundo site.

Same battery on Amazon is $103 (Mundo $114). Don't know about shipping from either Amazon or Mundo, but I believe anything over $100 from Amazon is free shipping, but don't quote me.

Should anyone wonder... NO I'm not associated with Amazon in any way. I've just purchased a lot of stuff from them (including batteries) and NEVER had a problem. They are particularly good at handling returns without question.

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  9. Roadie

Roadie Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply's. OK, so I guess I'll go with the 9 cell, just wanted to make sure it will fit.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1010055

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice