Solved: laptop choice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chippynut

How does a acer aspire 5732z fair in the ratings for laptops, my granddaughter needs one mainly for homework that is mainly on the internet etc, At tescos direct they have this model with 4 gig of ram and a 500 gig hard drive, duel core 4300 processor for £399, other dealers do not have this size hard drive and less ram for the same money.

My experience has been the hardware is as good as any; but, the support after the sale is less than stellar.

chippynut

;) I had heard a few complaints about this company, but i have a dell desktop and lots of people moan about them and in four years i have managed with the help of this forum etc to get myself out of trouble, The laptop in question is a duo core and i know nothing about this type of processor and just wanted to know if it would be fast enough and reliable, it would have windows7 installed, my grand daughter uses this o/s at school any way, I suppose there will always be people for and against any make of pc, Thanks for your input.

I suppose there will always be people for and against any make of pc
You cannot accentuate that enough.

As for processors, just avoid Celeron processors. They are false economy, slow, and you'll find yourself ready to replace it much sooner.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online