Solved: Laptop CPU - Applying Artic5 Thermal Paste

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulb100

can anyone recmmend how to apply the Artic5 thermal paste on a Dual-core turion CPU?

ive been told to wipe clean the CPU and Heatsink with Isopropyl Alcohol then run with a lint free cloth - two things i dont have, is there any type of house hold cloth that would be 'Lint-Free' ??

how much paste do i apply and is there a method?

thanks

crjdriver

Have you read the instructions on the Arctic Silver site?

Why are you opening up a laptop to apply thermal compound?

paulb100

im replacing the processor, i have the instructions from artic but i was hoping for some images to go off so i can SEE how much I have to apply

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
A very small ball about 2 to 3 mm in diameter on the center of the CPU. The heatsink will spread it out.

crjdriver

The A/S site has detailed instructions with pictures and diagrams.

paulb100

Thanks Guys All Done And Works Like A Dream - New Dual-core Turion Replaced Single Core

Thanks.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online