1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: laptop harddrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fsask, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

i have a toshiba L655D-013 hard drive quit, put in a new seagate ST9500424AS . when i run recovery disc get to "recover to out of box state" then get error 08-064B-0000 partition creation failed. tried this in identical machine same thing. was running win 7 home premium. tried boot from usb same problem. any ideas??

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

thanks managed for the reply my new hard drive shows in bios but now when i run install from usb get to where do you want to install and says no drives found.. install drivers. but i cannot find hdd drivers on toshibas website

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you make the change in that PDF ?

How exactly are you trying to install 7 ?

It might need a Sata driver, look for AHCI or Raid driver on Toshiba's website.

5. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

ok I downloaded iso file from ms and created boot usb.. i cant seem to find AHCI or Raid drivers at toshiba for my machine. only find auto detect program to load drivers but cant load program without windows

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Again, did you make the Bios change in the PDF file ?

I assume you are installing 7 from a Usb stick and that is working ok ?

Please include all the model details from the label(s) on the bottom of the laptop, I can't find anything for an L655D-013 model. I suspect you have a version of the C655D but there are several different ones.

7. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

i tried that pdf several times do not get bios setup only get windows memory diagnostics or windows setup. with F2 get into bios but no where to change it. model is PSK1NC-01300S i have tried using my recovery discs as well as boot usb iso from ms and when i hold esc with no discs get no bootable device

8. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

sorry use f2 to get into insydeH20 utility setup

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Going by what you have posted you have a Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5055 laptop which came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit pre-installed. Is that correct ?

If that is your laptop you can download it's manual with this link :- http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/con...2728401/GMAD00251012_SatL640-L650_10Mar01.pdf

The recovery procedure with DVDs is shown on PP. 71-72 but if that is giving the error try to erase the drive as shown on P.73

Did you make the recovery disks yourself ?

10. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

it says sateltte L655D-013.....model PSK1NC-01300S{ES5.0} serial 5A565289Q Genuine windows 7 home premium OA I tried whats on page 72 recover to out of the box state get error 08-064B-0000 i have tried erasing the internel several times get error F3-FF00-00A0 The recover discs were made when computer was brand new. I have two identical Computers and i get the same results in both.

11. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I see. Those instructions in the PDF give the Bios control of the hardware instead of letting Windows have it. See if you can find a similar option in your Bios.

Do you have a way of partitioning and formatting the new hard drive ? Maybe connect it to another computer witha Usb caddy or lead ? I think if you can format it the recovery may work.

12. fsask

fsask Thread Starter

thank you managed i hooked it up as usb drive on other computer and formatted and enabled it . reinstalled it and worked
    again thank you for your help

13. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome. I'm glad you got it working.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1114265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice