1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop LCD Screen Issues?? HELP???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keerbear412, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keerbear412

keerbear412 Thread Starter

Okay, here is my issue.... i have a dell inspiron 6000 (that is no longer under warranty) and the lcd has gone dim, and then would not boot. so i replaced the motherboard and the screen was still dim. i then replaced the lcd screen, and it is still dim???? i checked the lcd screen on the same model laptop, and the screen worked?? at this point i am completely stumped and i was hoping someone could give me some ideas?? i have already checked the hard drive, it is fine, battery is fine, boy do i need some help on this one? Thanks for any ideas in advance....:confused:

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Check the ribbon cable connections for the screen and if you had the option for the add-in card check the card is seated properly.

3. UHCoog05

UHCoog05

It's the inverter...the thing at the bottom of the LCD panel on screens that come out of Dells. Check that :D

4. keerbear412

Thanks for the reply, but..... we have replaced that too??? any other ideas???

5. keerbear412

i will check the ribbons again though...

6. midnight51

midnight51 Banned

Wow this may sound completely stupid and I don't own a laptop but aren't there function keys that allow you to adjust the brightness and gamma? That would be the first thing I would check. And I'm sure you already have but just checking :rolleyes:

Good luck
    Josh

7. keerbear412

Thanks Josh, but i have tried that too?? i am at a loss still?? it is practically a new laptop now? could anything else make it have this problem?

8. keerbear412

The Light had gone out on the new screen :) Thanks for everyones help!!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice