1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: laptop memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by woz83uk, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. woz83uk

woz83uk Thread Starter

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. woz83uk

woz83uk Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. i mainly will be using laptop for the internet and playing football manager. i just thought about upgrading the memory because some of the laptops i was looking at had either 6gb or 8gb ram but not the processor i wanted and plus its not too expensive for memory. seen a few on ebay but wanted to make sure about the right memory to get. you thinking would be safe just buying 2 4gb ram from ebay and then just putting that in or wait til i get the laptop and go in the link you sent me?
    Thanks for your help by the way

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it's 32-bit, don't even bother. You'll only be able to use 3.5 and it will make no difference.

If it's 64-bit, you may benefit from the added 1 GB, but it will make almost no difference unless you run virtual machines or something. You'll find that you use only around 2.5 GB's, if that, no matter how much you put in.

(You should wait and go to etaf's link. Laptop RAM can be tricky and you don't want to waste your money.)

5. woz83uk

woz83uk Thread Starter

Thanks alot. Didn't realise it wouldn't make much difference. just thought more ram would be better. ill definetly wait now. thanks

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  7. woz83uk

woz83uk Thread Starter

Thanks will have a read in my break

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice