1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] laptop mouse is screwed up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maxwell, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxwell

maxwell Thread Starter

I have a sony vaio notebook pcg-705c. When i start it, it often doesn't detect a mouse. I then have to shut it down and start it again, restart it, or pull the plug entirely. It often takes me 10+ times to get the mouse to work. Please help!! Thank you!

2. Dan O

Dan O

Try Disabling The Touchpad, then it will try the mouse first.

Click Start, point to Sony Folder, point to Sony Utilities, and click Sony Notebook Setup.

2. Click the Touchpad tab.

3. Click to select Disable Touchpad.

4. Click the Apply button.

5. Click OK.

NOTES:

* The Touchpad will only disable if an external PS/2 mouse is attached. The touchpad will not disable if a Serial Port mouse is being used.

* The Touchpad will automatically be reenabled when the computer is restarted.

3. maxwell

maxwell Thread Starter

thanks for your help, but lately it will occasionally start up without sensing a mouse or the keyboard.....seemingly no choice but to pull the plug. is there a software update i need or something?

4. Dan O

Dan O

Did you follow my suggestion?

If you did and it still is acting up I suspect your keyboard and mouse may have a problem. If they are PS/2 connected (the round connector) and you plugged or unplugged them with the power on it could have damged them. Try a different set.

5. maxwell

maxwell Thread Starter

Everything seems to be working now; thank you very much for your assistance.

6. Dan O

Dan O

You're welcome and thanks for letting me know. I will mark this thread solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice