1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop not booting up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jampot, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

I recently upgraded my daughters laptop - Acer Aspire One from W7 starter to Home Premium. All seemed fine however she has just tried to go online - during the boot up sequence it reaches her desktop wallpaper (without any icons) and gets no further.
    There are no error messages and I am not sure what to do next. The only thing I have done recently is to download software to wirelessly link to a HP printer.
    The PC is only a few weeks old.
    Should I reinstall Windows as there is very little in the way of programmes on the PC.?

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Thanks - booted in safe mode and after system restore sems ok!:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice