Solved: Laptop Not Connecting To Internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sat54

The other computer gets 192.168.0.1 for the Wireless Network Connection.

For a repair install of Windows and fresh install, do you mean a restore and reinstall or something else?

Thanks for your help.

sat54

No, I don't have cascading routers.

I went ahead and did a restore to a week ago and the Internet works perfectly now.

Thanks for your help TerryNet and major props because I didn't know half of the stuff that you suggested.

TerryNet

Terry
You're welcome, but I have no clue where that 192.168.0.1 is coming from or how it is working unless you have multiple routers.

I have a hunch that the modem is acting as a router on the 192.168.0.x subnet. His/her actual router does not perform DNS masquerading, but the modem does. That would explain that mysterious DNS server.

sat54

Again, thanks for your help and I'll go ahead and mark this as solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online