Solved: laptop on desktop icon will not leave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

razzle51

I have a icon that will not leave , I have trioed to delete it rename it and also drag it to recycle bin but nothing . how do I get rid of it.

I have hp laptop windows 7 IE

How did it get there and what is it related to, sending in a screenshot would help.

How to take a screen shot in Vista/Windows 7

How to attach a screenshot.
Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on it and a new window opens.
• Click on the Browse button, find the screenshot/folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
• Now click on the Upload button. When done, click on the Close this window button at the top of the page.
• Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.

Does the icon work? if so delete the other one, if you can.

You could also try booting the PC into Safe Mode and then see if it will delete. Start tapping the F8 key from the moment you switch on and then use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit the Enter key.

Is the icon a shortcut to the ebay site or an application?

If it is meant to go to an application, uninstall the application and see if it goes with it or it will then delete.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online