1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop os downgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Pizzaroll, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pizzaroll

Pizzaroll Thread Starter

I have an acer aspire 5534 notebook that comes standard with windows 7 home 64 bit. It also has an AMD Athlon 64 x2 L310 processor (which is slower than my crippled grandmother...) so I was thinking of switching to windows 7 ultimate 32 bit so that I could get a bit more performance out of my crappy processor. Well, the only thing I'm worried about is that my laptop has a battery management program and process that comes standard with it, plus all the function keys (which require a process to be running) and the synaptics touch pad program, and so on. I'm a bit worried that win I install a new operating system it's going to erase some of those essential programs for the laptop. So, my question is, will installing a new operating system delete those programs and processes, and if they are deleted, how would I go about recovering those programs without having to reinstall the original os. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Lance1

Lance1

3. Pizzaroll

Pizzaroll Thread Starter

Actually that does look like it. Thank you so much. The only thing I didn't see there was the epower management software but I'm sure that can't be too hard to find. Ty again :)

4. antech

antech Banned

The ePower isnt very much important though

5. Lance1

Lance1

6. Pizzaroll

Pizzaroll Thread Starter

Ok. Ty for the links guys. I just spent most of this morning burning any files that I want to keep and I'll be installing my new windows after I download and burn the wireless driver. I'll make sure to post and tell you guys how it goes.

7. Pizzaroll

Pizzaroll Thread Starter

Well, everything works on my laptop. Most of the device drivers were recognized automatically. I have yet to find out if switching to 32 bit will noticeably help my performance, but at least my laptop didn't explode, so I'm happy :).

8. antech

antech Banned

Cheers :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice