1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop prt sc key

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by enigma1944, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enigma1944

enigma1944 Thread Starter

I have a HP dv7-1247cl laptop and I can't get the print screen key to work.

Anyone know a fix for this.

Thanks

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

When you say "can't get the print screen key to work" what exactly are you doing...how are you trying to use it? The print screen key works by being a sort of "copy to clipboard" function where you must then open another software, Paint for example, and paste the screen capture into that software. I hope I am not overstepping with this reply in case you are aware of how it works. Some people (my sister) thought when she pressed the "Prt Scr" key that it would just automatically print out on her printer. Everyone learns as they go, no one is born with the knowledge.
    A brief explanation of what you are doing and how you are using the key may help someone determine if the key is indeed inoperable.

3. enigma1944

enigma1944 Thread Starter

Thanks for the answer

This function with this laptop was not explained so I thought it was automatically transfered after holding ctrl+ prt sc to the accessories notepad which was wrong. I discovered a picture is sent to WORD and held in the notepad for use as desired.

Anyway thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/885995