1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop shuts down or goes into hibirnation when gaming??

Discussion in 'Games' started by meowmeowcat, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. meowmeowcat

meowmeowcat Thread Starter

Whenever I play games (Fallout NV, The darkness 2, the sims 3, plus the seasons, pets, supernatural, and generations expansion packs, and bioshock) after a few hours or more my laptop will screen will go black, I can still hear the game for a little while and than it restarts the session. This really messes up my gaming, could anyone please help me??

2. Tergelet

Tergelet

If the screen shut downs but the game still continues, it could be an issue about the graphic card of your laptop or it could also be the resolution setting of your screen.

3. meowmeowcat

How would I fix the graphics card or resolution setting?? Do I have to get a new graphics card? Please do a step by step as I am terrible with computers.

4. Robsy128

Robsy128

You might need to update your drivers. Do you know if it's an Nvidia or ATI Radeon card?

You can easily check this by pressing Start, right-clicking on Computer and selecting Manage. Then on the left hand side, click on Device Manager and there should be an icon on the right side of the window that says Display Adapters. Click/expand that and let us know what's listed.

All you have to do then is type what you find into Google and make sure you go to the manufacturer's website and download the driver for your system (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8... whatever) :)

5. meowmeowcat

There wasn't anything on the right side of device manager. I think I found it on the Dxdiag thing, it's AMD Radeon(tm) HD 6520G. Sorry if this isn't the graphics card.

6. meowmeowcat

Okay, I updated the graphics driver, I think. I am going to go play my game and see how it goes. :D Hopefully it works!! :) Thanks for your help so far.

7. meowmeowcat

:DIt was okay, I only played for like 2-3 hours before I had to get off to do something. So I think I may have fixed it. Thank you for your help and taking the time to look at this.

8. Robsy128

Robsy128

Any time :D Try it out again and see how it goes... oh, and please mark this thread as solved :)

If it crops up again, you can always repost here.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice