1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Laptop shuts down when pluged in...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ajkane, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sonexpc

sonexpc

Test with a Live CD if you can...

2. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

Ok, I'll just google it. I did see there was a sticker on the motherboard next to the RAM slots that says, "If only one RAM slot is being used, use MUST use slot A." It shows a diagram and slot "A" is the top one, I believe that the RAM has nothing to do with the problem and the motherboard has some weird problem with the RAM card being on the bottom.

3. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

Oh, I know what you are talking about now! I alread have I live cd, I used it to install ubuntu on my backup hdd. Do you just want me to see if it dosen't shut down, or run a test from the live cd?

4. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

I just tried the live disk and it still shuts down. :( I am assuming that was to rule out HDD problem. FYI it shuts down somtimes durring POST.

5. sonexpc

sonexpc

I don't think I can point out exactly is the MB or the CPU ... but seems the Toshiba testing program show your CPU is OK....so if I need to choose I will do the Motherboard... But all the program seems show problem with RAM.... if you can borrow another notebook to test the ram with microsoft Diagnostics Program that will be good...

6. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

I can't find a motherboard for a reasonable price <$250, could someone give me a link? Once again my model number is A205-S6584 and my part number is PSAE3U-07R025.

Thanks sonexpc for all your help!

7. sonexpc

sonexpc

Before you say you can find a MB for around $50 then is worth....now even a mb is ~$200 resonable for notebook MB .... then you better just buy a whole unit around $449.... you can find some i3 or A4 unit... you know ... is not 100% you can solve the problem with just the main board...

8. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

I can't figure out were I found it. So, sell the working part's, buy a new one?

9. sonexpc

sonexpc

if this happen to me I will do that...

10. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

OK, thank you again. I'll look for a cheap unit, I only need it for word processing, Edelman, basic games, etc.

11. sonexpc

sonexpc

12. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

Thanks, and I don't mind referbished. Thanks for all of your help once again.

13. ajkane

ajkane Thread Starter

I also might just put the money to my new gaming PC build. I don't need a laptop, it is just a convince. And hay! I got this for free anyway! It was a friends and they didn't know how to fix it so they gave it to me and said I could keep it.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1036822